Imagine that you have entered into your tribal ministry with the Ziggy Piggy people, your house is built, your airstrip has been neatly carved out of the jungle, and now you are in full language and culture study.
Being the super missionary that you are, you notice something unique right away with how the Ziggy Piggy communicate. In the evenings when everyone is lying in their hammocks they sing important information. One individual will sing while all the others listen.
Knowing this important cultural tidbit....several years down the junlge road when you are ready to begin teaching the Ziggy Piggy God's Word how would you go about teaching them?
Would you construct a nice, broad (to hide your shaking knees), sturdy, oak pulpit to teach from? Would you meet in a classroom? When would you teach? What would your teaching look like?
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yeah!
Happy blogging - I will enjoy keeping up with you all this way. And I would be for teaching at night from the hammock. :-)
That's certainly when we are able to get talking done around here - when the kids are in bed!
Hiya Howes!
I hope that you're all well.
I'm not sure that I wouold enjoy the Taioba leaf. I'm not very fond of spinach either. So I can relate to the kids' objections if they have any. :)
I love receiving your updates. You are often in my thoughts.
We had a busy few weeks here in the Ozarks. The furnace vent was constructed too close to the fire sprinklers, and we had our new sound booth flooded. all the equipment was saturated as if it had been taken to the bottom of a rusty pond. One would think that none of the expensive electronics would survive.
But guess what?
In the dark, we labeled and unplugged the hundreds of leads and cables from all of the equipment, poured out all the rusty water and layed it all out to dry. After about 5 days we put it all back together and, you're not going to believe this, everything functioned 100%.
From the $30,000.00 sound board, to the $100.00 DVD player to the $10.00 decibel reader. Everything works perfectly.
I can't imagine it being less than a miracle. We only missed one Sunday of service at the church.
What could have been a very discouraging incident ended up working out for a great fellowship among those who came together determined to turn it into good.
God is great.
Bless you guys!
Mike Lloyd
I would tell them of how the Bible says:
I will praise You, O Lord, among the peoples; I will sing to You among the nations.
Psalm 57:8-10
or -
I will sing of the mercies of the LORD forever; With my mouth will I make known Your faithfulness to all generations.
Psalm 89:1-3
God bless you in His work.
Pam Johnson
Burley Bible Church
Great Blog, Kris and Mary-Jane. Hugs to the kids.
Post a Comment